Welcome to the Official Titanfall Wiki
reference written and maintained by the players.
What is Titanfall?
is an upcoming title by developer Respawn Entertainment
and published by EA. Respawn Entertainment is founded by Jason West and Vince Zampella, who were formerly president and CEO (and co-founder) of Infinity Ward respectively. Titanfall is a purely online multi-player based game although it will inject single player elements such as story. Set on a war-torn planet, players will play as agile, free-running pilots and have the ability to hijack mechs (Titans). The titans abilities include a vortex blocker, which stops and returns enemy ammunition in midair, and electrified smoke, which hurts and repels pilots climbing the Titan's back. In addition to that, titans are also quick (although not as quick as the pilots). Respawn has taken an interesting approach to the ending of matches with players having to race to the loser's evacuation dropship. Titanfall is one of the most anticipated games of the upcoming year and winner of over 60 E3 awards. It has been hailed by critics as the "next step for the fps genre." Titanfall will make use of Microsoft's cloud for dedicated servers and potentially for expanded AI capabilities. It is slated to be released in 2014 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC. It has recently been Confirmed
That Titanfall will not be coming to the PS3 or PS4 "Titanfall is exclusive only for the lifetime of the title on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC" -Blake Jorgenson (CEO EA) The following pages have been sourced from the various official videos, articles, and gameplay examples given by Respawn Entertainment. A full list of features can be found here
IMC - Settlers resisting the corporate military forces of the MCOR fleet at arms.
MCOR - The corporate military force trying to stamp out civil war in the new frontier.
- Release:Titanfall will be released for Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC on March 11, 2014!
- Physics and AI will be handled via Microsoft's Cloud.
- Will only feature online Multi-player(with single-player elements to it); there will be no traditional single-player(Campaign) mode.
- Gameplay will focus on both piloting the Titans and having Titans follow you as support while you fight on foot.
- The player characters, "Pilots", can run up walls, dodge, perform multiple jumps, etc., and take down Titans by jumping onto them and "shooting the brain" or hijack them.
- Pilots come equipped with standard and experimental weapons, such as the Data_Knife, which can hack AI characters to fight for you.
- Maps have both real world players and AI enemies.
- The game is based on the Source engine(a customized version), resulting in 60fps and fluid mechanics.
- Aiming for "District 9" or "Blade Runner"* vibe; storytelling will be similar to Left 4 Dead.
- Humans will pick between two factions; IMC and MCOR.
Changes for the main page can be proposed here